Author Topic: Man Weekends!  (Read 368 times)

Takeshi Kovacs

• Inner Circle
Man Weekends!
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:16:23 AM »
Had a couple of awesome man weekends out in the woods with a bunch of guys this year; that's a great way to recharge. One of them was a yearly event that's been going for a while, the other is also recurrent but this was the first time I was invited. Great food, great weather, great friends. A lot of planning goes into them but that's part of the fun, really ramps the anticipation. I really like the way groups of men dynamically organize, with fluid leadership based on competence and disposition. Whatever needs to get done just happens.

I never really went for the hunting/fishing/camping thing when I was younger but I've been growing into it lately. I can see myself doing this sort of thing a lot more as the kids are leaving and I've got more free time.

There's an embarrassment of wilderness riches where I live, I need to take more advantage of it.
The past is just data, I only see the future... -Ayrton Senna

Spazmodic

• One of the Cool Kids
Re: Man Weekends!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »
When I lived out West, I was fortunate to have a friend from the State where I went to high school (the Midwest) whose family had always come out my way to go fishing in the mountains, and they invited me along each year. Hanging out with my friend up there allowed for some of the best memories I've ever made. There's something reconstructive about being in the wilderness.