Author Topic: Weight loss versus fitness/"toning"/strength  (Read 478 times)

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
Weight loss versus fitness/"toning"/strength
« on: September 10, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »
I'm probably preaching to the choir here but to everyone on weigh loss / fitness challenges, keep in mind that as you do strength building exercise, you build muscle (which is dense) and your apparent rate of weight loss will be LESS than if you just starved the adipose tissue off.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow this to dishearten you! Slim, fit and strong beats just being lightweight!

Saigo Takamori

• One of the Cool Kids
  • Better every day in Every way
    • QuestPursuit
Re: Weight loss versus fitness/"toning"/strength
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Ba Bam  Sir!
Sweat more  Bitch less

Blackwulf

• Inner Circle
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
I have been lifting for 2.5 years and I definitely have seen a change in my body already.  A pound of fat is the size of a cantaloupe and a pound of muscle is the size of a baseball.  Very significant differences. 

I look way different just at being down 55 lbs from my heaviest and 4 inches in waist (I use to be 48).  I can also tell my forearms, legs and chest are way more developed. 

Another marker of being more muscular for men is our hormones start being more in balance. I had reached a low t state, I had stopped having morning would and could barely remember having it in a long time.  Since losing this first round of fat and putting on muscle it is pretty regular for me to have morning wood. It is common enough that we have sex, and I wake up with morning wood a few hours later, which for much of my 30s I didn't.   

Blackwulf

• Inner Circle
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:44:58 PM »
I have some pictures of myself being really overweight, at 335.  My face has changed significantly.  I believe my neck is more muscled.  I went down from 21 inch to about 17.5.

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:18:29 PM »
I have some pictures of myself being really overweight, at 335.  My face has changed significantly.  I believe my neck is more muscled.  I went down from 21 inch to about 17.5.

I would think you're absolutely right.