Author Topic: The demise of the MMSL forum and rebirth here?  (Read 757 times)

Dante

• Familiar Face
The demise of the MMSL forum and rebirth here?
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
Hello?

Not much going on here for a long time but just wondering how you're all feeling about the demise of the MMSL forum?  Could that bbe the catalyst for a rebirth here?

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
Re: The demise of the MMSL forum and rebirth here?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »
The mmsl dogma froum closes: No great loss, IMO.

Takeshi Kovacs

• Inner Circle
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:27:10 PM »
It's interesting that it outlived usefulness to Athol Kay. His business model really seems biased towards women.

I found it useful initially but it got bogged by the small subset of people who seemed to live there and a lot of women moderating things, both officially and unofficially. Or I got fed up with it. Useful information content to soap opera ratio got too low.

Male and female forums work better separately as the models used are rather unflattering to the opposite sex.  Female / Male strategies are in opposition and a common Grand Unified Theory that works for both men and women could only function at implausible levels of self honesty. Men seem to give less of a crap about what women think, women like to correct men about what they should think. I don't want a veridical model I want one that works and gets me what I want.

Hey MitchK, how's it going? Injury all healed up?
The past is just data, I only see the future... -Ayrton Senna

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 08:12:49 PM »

Hey MitchK, how's it going? Injury all healed up?

Yeah, thanks. There's an occasional ache in the graft when I push too hard (I was told it will never be as strong as the original) and I've never really recovered all the sensation from one of the incisions. Better than the original injury though!

I'm doing well in the job I started a year ago: I'm go-to guy for the managing director now, and I had this discussion a couple of weeks ago.

Me :"Don't call me boss, you don't work for me"
Colleague: "Maybe not, but we all look to you to show us how to get anything done. Boss or not, you're the leader".

Takeshi Kovacs

• Inner Circle
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
Better than the original injury though!
Over 30 it's all damage control  :)

Colleague: "Maybe not, but we all look to you to show us how to get anything done. Boss or not, you're the leader".

Nice. Sounds like a worthwhile career shift. Leaders lead, regardless of position. Colleagues and reports appreciate someone taking responsibility and superiors *love* being able to delegate with confidence.

How's the home situation?

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »

Limited change. Essentially sexless, but slightly fewer arguments. Her anxiety levels are still high despite mirtazapine, she refuses to do her CBT exercises and stresses about weight gain while eating less and less (mirtazapine side effect). Oh, and she's "booked in" a bout of depression for next autumn when the eldest is expected to go to university.

Blackwulf

• Inner Circle
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »
I don't think the forum is going to be reborn here.  I had slowed down on the MMSL forum compared to my first couple of years as it was easy to see his model was changing.  The video series is still pretty good stuff, but he had to make it more female friendly to not lose out on those $$. 

Athol has moved beyond needing the forum to generate leads and content.  Not a big loss.

My time is limited.

I hope you all are doing well.

Blackwulf. 

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »
It would appear that if we want a rebirth here, as it often the case in life, we're going to have to do it ourselves!

Takeshi Kovacs

• Inner Circle
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »

Limited change. Essentially sexless, but slightly fewer arguments. Her anxiety levels are still high despite mirtazapine, she refuses to do her CBT exercises and stresses about weight gain while eating less and less (mirtazapine side effect). Oh, and she's "booked in" a bout of depression for next autumn when the eldest is expected to go to university.

Well shit. That sounds discouraging.

Any plans to do anything about this or just stay the course?

Mitch K

• One of the Cool Kids
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »
Fuck all I can do, regarding improving it, since her behaviour doesn't change at all irrespective of what I do/ have done. Me being fit/unfit, involved/distant, employed/unemployed, active/passive has garnered no discernible change to how she acts. She is utterly fixated on her own view of the world.

I guess keep myself fit and walk out when the youngest goes to uni. She seems to think we are going to carry on this way, and move to Scotland in a few years. I've told her in words with few syllables that I'm not interested in living this way with her, anywhere, but she doesn't seem to hear or understand. Sex isn't on her radar except as a thing to avoid.